If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (516) 767-9600

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration


Kitchen Fire Smokes Damages Entire Long Island Home in Commack, NY

This recent fire though contained to the kitchen, caused extensive smoke and soot damage through the entire home.  The homeowners had left a plastic container on the stove not realizing it was on.  Plastic when it is heated and ignites and emits toxic gases and fumes called dioxins and furans, which is dangerous to breathe and coats the surfaces of the rooms and contents with a layer of soot.

SERVPRO of Great Neck/Port Washington was called in and our team went to work cleaning every surface in every room.  Furthermore, 14 bags of clothing were sent out for restoration as well to remove the odor that permeated the fabrics.  Clothing that can be restored can be returned in under 48 hours.  

When you have a fire, call upon SERVPRO to make it "Like it never even happened."