Fire and Smoke Cleanup Can Be a Challenge for Great Neck Residents.
SERVPRO of Great Neck / Port Washington has the Experience and Expertise to Neutralize Smoke Odors and Remove Fire Residues from your Home.
Great Neck Village is one of the oldest settlements in the United States, dating back to 1644. It is a part of Nassau County and partners with nine other unique villages on Long Island. This small village's importance lies in its status as a business and commerce destination throughout the late 19th and early 20th centuries. With business booming, it quickly developed into a thriving community. The construction of the New York City Washington Line saw a real-estate boom and the population of this "old village" more than tripled between 1922 and 1960. The rising population saw more areas incorporated into Great Neck Village, including Vista Hill, Strathmore, and Baker Hill.
The village of Great Neck has been called home by several American luminaries, including J.P. Morgan and Walter Chrysler, who lived on Long Island. However, the writer Fitzgerald best captured the community of this New York City outpost in his seminal work The Great Gatsby- the 'West Egg' in the novel is based on King's Point, one of the more affluent neighborhoods in the Old Village. Fitzgerald and his wife took up residence in Great Neck on Gateway Drive, and it was here that he penned the world-famous novel. During the warmer months, a Great Gatsby Boat Tour can be picked up from the bay. Politically, Long Island is equally as crucial as it is to business and literary circles with Eleanor Roosevelt heading the UN commission of human rights at Great Neck's Lake Success. The nine villages that make up Great Neck have around 40,000 people, including heads of multinational corporations, political figures, and business leaders.
- Long Island is just seven miles away from the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center, with many spectators of the US open staying in Great neck Village during the tournament.
- The Nassau County Museum of Art has 145 acres of grounds and was established as a cultural center for contemporary and traditional art pieces and located on Roslyn Harbor.
- The Belmont Park Racetrack features two racing schedules each year. The triple crown challenges the most demanding course, the Belmont Stakes, takes place here each year.
- Rare wildlife, including Osprey, Trailing Arbutus, and Pixie Moss, can be observed by taking a trip to the nearby Connetquot River State Park Preserve on High Route 27.
- The Gold Coast Mansions along West Gate Drive are among the most iconic in the US. Regular tours past the homes of Theodore Roosevelt, Jackson Pollock, and Walt Whitman are readily available to visitors of Great Neck.
Shopping in Great Neck Plaza
The shopping district of Great Neck has an international reputation with some of the finest fashion brands, boutiques, and furniture stores waiting to be explored along the promenade. Just off South Middle Neck Road, this plaza features over 250 unique shops and fashion outlets. Proximity to Manhattan ensures that Long Island retains a cutting edge when it comes to fashion choices. Garden on Old Country Road stands out as one of the highlights for finding a wealth of options and stores. Once you are finished shopping at some of the best-branded outlets in the world, you can head to the village's beaches, golf courses, or historical sites.
The beaches of Great Neck and Long Island
The beaches of Long Island and Great Neck have a unique character that has made them a central attraction for visitors worldwide. Typically characterized by their white sands and pretty wooden promenades, there are many beach-front restaurants, bars, and boardwalks to explore. Many of these beaches have won annual awards and feature volleyball, surfing schools, paddling, and swimming classes.
- Jones Beach State Park is a barrier island with a 6.5 mile stretch of white sand facing the Atlantic Ocean. Jones Beach features two massive bathhouses as well as iconic mosaics that run along the Central Mall Walkway. An amphitheater plays music and performance during the summer months.
- Coopers Beach came in third place on a list of the United States' best beaches this year, rising one spot from the previous two years when it finished fourth. This gold coast beach is exclusive, with guests having to apply for non-resident passes to visit.
- East Hampton Main Beach on Ocean Avenue included a harbor and was rated as one of the US's top ten beaches. This quiet getaway is immaculate and an excellent example of the fair, white sands that characterize the gold coast.
SERVPRO Provides Expert Fire and Smoke Damage Cleanup to Great Neck Residents All Year Round.
The common causes of property fires are malfunctioning appliances, electrical malfunctions, or human errors, such as leaving a stove unattended. While most house fires are controlled quickly, even a small fire can cause significant cosmetic damage to property. The movement of smoke through a structure occurs rapidly when materials combust while microscopic odors can permeate soft fabrics and cracks and crevices. Often the process of restoring a property requires careful pre-testing to avoid causing damage through the application of cleaning agents, especially in properties with sensitive fabrics or materials. SERVPRO technicians have extensive experience assessing a property and putting in place a practical game-plan to return it to its pre loss condition.
- Our services include stripping and refinishing valuable features such as hardwood floors, which may become damaged by high temperatures or falling soots.
- Odor Control Technicians can mobilize advanced deodorizing equipment and fumigate properties to tackle unwanted burnt odors that may persist after a fire.
- In-depth knowledge of material building assemblies and installation can help technicians perform efficient cleanup of fire debris and soiling after a home emergency.
- Our specialty services include the restoration of artwork, electronics (exteriors), or valuable ornaments available at the property owner's request.
Fires can cause damage to home or contents even after the flames are extinguished. Contact SERVPRO of Great Neck / Port Washington at (516) 219-9674 for urgent assistance.