Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Why Do You Need Mold Remediation for Microbial Threats in Your Great Neck Home?
Our region is no stranger to higher humidity throughout the bulk of the year and more saturated soil around structures. This increased moisture threat can often develop into hazardous mold conditions without proper intervention and humidity regulation. While many Great Neck homeowners have taken to installing permanent appliances like dehumidifiers in their basements or attic spaces, those that do not might combat mold growth when moisture levels rise above 60% in the house.
What Can You Expect from Remediation?
Remediation differs from mold removal in that technicians are not working to eliminate every spore in the household. In nearly every environment, mold spores exist in a non-threatening manner. When moisture conditions pass a threshold, and organic surfaces and matter exist as a food source for colonization, mold becomes a likelihood. Remediation seeks to remove the cause of the persistent moisture that allowed colonization and to eliminate the active colonies so that they are no longer a health threat to those exposed.
Our SERVPRO Professionals Are Prepared To Help
Because of how quickly mold colonization can spread throughout a Great Neckhome, it is vital to get started as soon as possible. Our SERVPRO team can roll out from our warehouse with the cutting-edge tools and technology to remove colonies and begin restoring your home. We are experts in the remediation field and maintain the stringent New York state standards and regulations.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (516) 767-9600
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Great Neck / Port Washington?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
Mold spreads quickly, so a minor mold infestation can quickly escalate into a major problem. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you contact us. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, the cornerstone of our business. We have the training and expertise to safely handle any mold situation.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
We invest in the latest equipment and ongoing mold remediation training because it helps us restore your home or business quickly and effectively. We will isolate the affected area using physical barriers and a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (516) 767-9600
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mold because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mold and learn about the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Great Neck / Port Washington is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property. We are proud to be an active member of the Great Neck community and want to pitch in and help make our community the best it can be.
When a major storm or event occurs, we can call upon our national network of 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams if we need additional resources or personnel.
We are proud to serve our local communities: